Photos suddenly stopped syncing to my iPhone 3GS. Help please!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sonictonic, May 4, 2010.

1. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,

I'm using the latest iTunes, 9.1.1, and an iPhone 3GS where I sync my iPhoto Library to, specifically the last 3 months of events, and one specific album.

It's worked perfectly until now. Sync'd my iPhone this afternoon and a little while ago noticed on my phone I have NO PICTURES. NONE. Why would this happen when during the last sync I got no warning or errors whatsoever? :confused:

More than that, upon resyncing, the photos tab is set up correctly, and upon resyncing, I still get no errors, and it says sync is complete, and yet no photos are syncing to the iPhone. :(

I've tried repairing permsissions, retsrating iPhoto, iTunes, the iPhone, my iMac, unchecking and rechecking the photos button, erasing the iPod Photo Cache Library folder and resetting it up, and NOTHING has worked. :mad:

I'm trying to avoid restoring from scratch. Is there anything left I can try first? Does anyone have any advice? :confused:

Thanks in advance!! :)

2. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone? :(

Am I gonna have to give up and restore?

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Probably. What happens when you sync after deleting the cache? Does it show in the sync screen that it is syncing the pics or does it just flash and go to the next thing to sync?

4. sonictonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

After erasing the cache folder I get a message saying my library is already being sync'd with another device (somehting like that), and am I sure I want to replace the iPHone with what the computer has, which I say yes to, but the pictures still don't sync over... Weird, eh?

I'll wait until tomorrow and if no one has a solution or idea I'll just restore I guess. Bummed I'll lose my text messages though. :(