Photos sync weired

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by radiohead314, Nov 23, 2015.

1. radiohead314, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

radiohead314 macrumors newbie

I always have troubles with getting my pictures from my iphone 4s to my Macbook pro photos running el captain.

Often it takes forever to sync a picture. Now I see it also changes the order the pictures are taken. Some newer pictures are placed later. The sort option is greyed out but says keep sorted by oldest day added.

Seems photos is adding the pictures in random order and sometimes not at all.

Any idea what causes this?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I take it by that you mean in Photos? If you view your photos via the All Photos option(in the Albums list), then yes, they are in random order. However, if you view them via the Photos option then they are in date order.

3. radiohead314 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok that seems to be correct. I also found out that the pictures I was waiting for this time for over an hour suddenly appeared when I took another picture. So when pictures do not appear just make a random pic I would suggest but strange that it works only this way.

4. radiohead314 thread starter macrumors newbie

Also when I post an image from photo's it seldom ends up not being turned wrong. Looks good in foto's but looks turned on the website.