Photos to DVD slideshow

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mac'nCheese, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I have a bunch of my grandparent's photos (jpeg) on my imac. I would like to burn them onto a dvd so they can play a slideshow of all of them on their tv. They don't have a computer. Is there an easy way to do this. Whenever we just burn a dvd, it only works on a computer. Thank you.

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

A few ways you can do this. I prefer to import the photos to iMovie and add music in the background. I have more control over the look of it.
    However I think you can make a slideshow either right in iPhoto and export OR add them to iDVD and then use the SlideShow feature there.

Once in iMovie I know you can Share with MediaBrowser and import into iDVD and then output a DVD playable on almost any DVD player.
    Not sure if that helps you out or not though.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Thank you for the tips. I will try them this weekend!

4. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

with iMovie slideshows you have greater Ken Burns effect control, if you like that style. and can add titles to the movie/slideshow.

5. Ravaroo macrumors 6502

Ravaroo

working on the same thing for a family party. I created a slide show in iPhoto (with Ken Burns effect) and the exported the whole thing as a .mov file. I guess iMovie will do the same thing but I was much more familiar with the process in iPhoto so I went that way