Photos to windows 10 app ?? need help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aussieinjapan, Oct 10, 2016.

1. aussieinjapan macrumors member

Sorry I know I know - strange title.

Basically, my macbook pro retina 2012 has a logic board problem. Due to recent health issues in the family, I cant afford to pay the 49,000 yen (here in Japan) right now to get a new logic board (2nd time - last time was just over 1 year ago) as my apple care has run out. I need some advice to tie me over until I can get either my machine fixed or an upgrade (should be no more than 6 months)

We have been given a dell laptop (yes I know I know). So itunes is no problem as it's on windows 10 and I have uploaded all the songs to google music and I have my iphone plus apple TV.

What about iphoto/photos ?? I have uploaded all of them to google photos but is there a way I could transfer them from photos to whatever is the windows app ?? I really have no clue about windows - used a mac since 1985 and only used macs at work.....

2. akadafni macrumors regular

3. aussieinjapan thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I mean like transfer not read

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll need to export the images to import them into a Windows based app

5. dwig macrumors 6502

+1

Windows doesn't include its own image app in the class of Photos. There are a number of free apps available, though. I would suggest looking at IrfanView and Faststone Image Viewer.

6. aussieinjapan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks ! I really dont want to use windows but Im in a pinch now so thank you for the help