Photos: Tried colored bezel wrap by Lucky Labs

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coelacanth, Jul 10, 2010.

1. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I got 3 color set (you can mix and match) in the mail so I applied the orange one as a test. I'll probably get tired of the color and put white one at some point, but it looks quite alright. Installation was easy and cut was very precise. It's $9.99 shipped for three colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Goes well with my original carbon fiber wallpaper. ;)

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. Buddhaluver macrumors regular

Buddhaluver

Ohh glad to see someone had a review I just ordered mine today!!! I plan on getting this and pairing it with the ivyskin reception case. How was installation? How long and how did they ship them?

4. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

It took about 10 days to get here. But I don't know if they actually had the wraps in stock when I ordered so I can imagine the turnaround is quicker by now.

The installation was pretty easy. Very precise cut. I ordered matte black, white, and orange. You can choose to buy duplicate colors as well. White was also matte finish and orange was glossy.

It's thin so I see no problem fitting TPU type cases over it.

5. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

6. reliantj macrumors 6502

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

do they seem to be reusable?

that is to say, if you switch to white from orange, does it look like you'll be able to later switch back to orange?

8. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

9. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

for $9.99 and you get 3 (different colors)
    it's a very good darn deal.

I'm really digging the lime green, looks very retro-ish looking
    the red, and also the matte black.

I'll have a review up soon on my YouTube.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I'm loving the orange and carbon fiber btw. :)

10. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

11. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

12. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Do you think it's safe to use a credit card instead of paypal? right now i can't use paypal due to a scammer's dispute with a lot of money on the line.

I really would love to get a few of these.

13. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, that's it.

I don't want to try it myself, but I'm doubtful it can. It's made of vinyl and I don't think you can remove it without stretching out the material. That said, for $3.33 a pop (Note: gotta buy 3 at once), I don't mind ordering more if I want to come back to previous color.

You know, I gotta say, orange is kinda growing in my.

14. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Very nice. Does it improve the antenna issues, assuming you've experienced them?

15. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

Wow that looks nice! The white one looks really clean in the pics on the site. Definitely going for two whites and an orange the day i get my iP4. Thanks OP!

16. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Do you fear it will leave residue on the antenna when/if you remove it?

17. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

18. hipvamore macrumors regular

yeah it should def be fine etsy is a very good reputable company i have done business with them many times from many sellers.

19. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't tell, but it can't be too bad anyhow. It's flat metal surface. I bet it's quite easy and clean though.

General trick to remove remaining residue: rub with the tape/sticker you just removed. The adhesive on the tape grabs the residue on the product side and remove it without scratching the surface.

20. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Thanks for the response. With the bezel wrap on, do you have no signal degradation or is it just less than it was without the wrap?

21. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the problem is that I've never had the problem in the first place. I'm left handed but haven't notice any signal level drop. I've had either bumper or side protector from SGP prior to using this wrap. And I rarely use voice call and when I do, I often use BT headsets. That makes my Bare-phone "death grip" use to be only one time right I after I purchased the phone and local news paper interviewed and asked me to try the "wrong" holding. That didn't drop bars at all maybe because I was in good reception area to start with.

So I can't really answer you question, but I can at least say that I'm not experiencing any problem although this wrap is much thinner than Bumper or SGP protector.

22. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Do you think it'll be fine if i put this over my bodyguardz side protection? or not?

23. firteen888 macrumors regular

Hey Coelacanth,

I'm just wondering, did you receive an email from the company informing you that the wraps had shipped? I ordered these last week but still haven't heard anything from the company about them shipping. I only received an email confirming my payment.

Your phone looks great BTW

Thanks,

24. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Wow, that looks really nice.. I'd be tempted to get black and have an all black phone..