Photos/Videos on iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Oct 24, 2011.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

How do you access photos on the iCloud? I know how to delete pictures from photo stream but that doesn't completely delete them from the cloud.

so basically how do you delete a picture/video from the cloud?

how to do you pull down a picture/video? say if you accidentally delete it off the phone or something

2. MaxximusPrime macrumors newbie

Mind telling me how I can delete pictures from the Photo Stream? As I understand it, you need to wait the 30 days before they disappear.

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You can't delete pictures from Photo Stream. It will hold the last 1,000 photos in cloud storage for 30 days, so if you delete a photo from your phone you can find it in Photo Stream and copy it back as long as it's less than 30 days ago and 1,000 pictures ago.

If you also sync your Photo Stream to your computer (Max OSX Lion, or Windows Vista/7 with iCloud Control Panel) then you'll have all your photos synchronized there too.

Videos don't sync through iCloud, you can get a video off your phone with the sync cable or by using a third-party app for wireless transfer such as PhotoSync.

4. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually if you log into www.icloud.com and click on your name at the top right corner. go to advanced and you can reset photo stream. this will delete all pictures from photo stream. photo stream is not the cloud. it is basically a place to store pictures and videos for 30 days so that you can then download them to other devices.

icloud syncs your entire camera roll. not just pictures.

icloud is completely different and there is no real interface that i can find to delete pictures/video.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I think you'll find that is not the case. iCloud can back up your device, including videos, but it does not sync them. The backup function is simply a "disaster plan", so that if you have to replace your device you can restore the data to it. You can't just selectively pull a video or other element out of the backup.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

You have to reset the photo stream at icloud.com, then turn photostream off and back on for the specific device(s).

7. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

thats what i needed to know

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

9. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

i don't back up to a computer at all. just the cloud

but thanks for the heads up