Photos walk-through?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eldiablojoe, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

I am a bit more familiar with the predecessor, iPhoto, but the new Photos is giving me issues. It seems to import all my photos in a chronological order (instead of the much preferred "Events"), but then it does not let me select multiple pics and drag them to pre-made albums. For instance, Mrs. EDJ takes LOTS of photos of our dogs. When I am importing pics from our phones to clean up the Camera Rolls, I normally select them all in iPhoto and drag them over to the pre made "Dogs" album. Voila! A place for everything, and everything in its place. However, I'm not able to do that in Photos.

I'm thinking I need a walk-through or a "Photos for Dummies" lesson on working with it.

Any suggestions? (Besides the trolling ones to get more brain cells, or dummy down to a PC or some other ignorant, superiority-complex meanness).

Thanks!

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Press command Q when in Photos.
    Open LR.

Your done.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Probably not much help, but I'm not having that problem. I can select multiple photos and drag them in to my albums.

5. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm going to check them all out tomorrow or the next day when I am done traveling.

6. IGI2 macrumors 6502

IGI2

7. dZp, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy