Photos: WaterField (sfbags) Suede Jacket for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coelacanth, Jul 1, 2010.

1. coelacanth macrumors 6502

2. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Looks nice :) What screen protector are you using?

3. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I really like the look and was looking to buy one with the pocket. Thanks for the pics.

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yay! This is what I ordered too, except I ordered the one with the pocket and bumper fit (shipped today). I'm excited to get it.

How is the material? I know it's ultrasuede, which is polyester, but is it stretchy? Does it feel high quality or cheap?

;) Thanks!

5. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

It just feels good that I can just put my phone any pockets without thinking much. It is no drop protector, but the jacket does its job well in very discrete way. I and the while thing is suede so I can keep my iPhone less smudged with finger prints.

It's SGP Ultra Clear full body kit. Working pretty well so far. and Jacket still fits fine.

I think the option pocket part is elastic but the main part isn't stretchy. I'm sure it will break in a bit over time, but I think it will maintain the form fine. It's a simple piece of cloth, but stitching is done nicely and doesn't feel cheap overall.

6. Juicy D. Links macrumors 6502

I dont get what the difference is with or without the "pocket" its looks sharp and ready to order one but which one is the "pocket" they are referring to???????????????????

7. coelacanth thread starter macrumors 6502

Go here
    http://sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/suedejacket-iphone.php

And look through their photos. There are ones with perforated pocket on one side.

The one I got in this review doesn't have that.

8. nin7474 macrumors 6502

I personally wouldn't use that because of how many times i take my phone out of my pocket. But it looks nice for transporting.

9. Murphy'sLaw macrumors member

I ordered one with the pocket and I'm really happy with it. The customer service is great, and the sleeve seems to be very high quality. I'd recommend this sleeve to any friend who was looking for something similar. The pocket is a perforated elastic material, here is a quick and dirty pic of mine just so you can see it up close.

[​IMG]

10. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Yes! I love it. Still haven't received mine though. *sigh*

Thanks for the picture. How well does the pocket work? Does it fit debit cards? ;)

11. Murphy'sLaw macrumors member

The pocket works very well, it'll hold several debit/credit/id cards, or you can put your earphones in there. It has a decent amount of stretch without adding much bulk, and the phone is easy to get in and out so you won't have to worry about missing a call while fiddling to get the phone out.

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Just what I needed to hear. Thanks man! :D

13. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I had one for my 3G and I found that the outside part of the suede was alot softer and I turned it inside out. The outside ( which used to be the inside) started pilling and was a bit rougher, which I'm sure it would do if I left it as is. It will keep your phone more clean that way.

14. robby818 macrumors 6502a

15. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

16. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

would this prevent scratches so i dont have to use a screen protector ??

17. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

It's a really thin sleeve, so I'd assume you don't get quite enough protection to not end up picking up a few scratches if you don't put anything on your iPhone 4. Their Smart Case looks nice except for the brown leather, which I don't like. If they make it all black like they used to, that case seems nice with the pocket. That would be great to conveniently carry around headphones with me whenever I have my iPhone.

18. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

What kind of film protection do you have on the phone? Does it feels like it gets caught on the suede case?

19. ghettochild macrumors regular

Scroll up.

20. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

Cool, thanks!

21. intervenient macrumors 6502a

This is so very cool. A cheap, made in the USA case, and exactly what I need. I'm using the Speck CandyShell, and while it's useful for when I go running, I don't need that kind of protection ALL THE TIME. My free Speck PixelSkin HD can cover that. This will be for at home, or a quick trip to the store usage. It should be here soon, can't wait.

Great review, great pics, and hopefully a great product.

22. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

I got mine earlier this week. I like keeping my phone naked, so this jacket worked perfect for me. I don't think I'm getting any type of film/shield on it, so this jacket is awesome.

23. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I got the one that fits the bumper so I could use it with the InCase Slider (due to the slider not allowing for screen protectors) and it worked great. However the slider is going back so now I'm using the jacket with just the phone and obviously it's not a perfect fit but it's still functional. Plus it was cheap so that makes it even better.

24. FieldingMellish Suspended

The suede case is optimized for use on a naked iPhone4. If you use a bumper, the SF suede case made for bumper is hard to put on and thus becomes impractical if you use the phone often.

No, the bumper version of it does not stretch sufficiently over time. It needs to be pulled on with two hands while the phone is on a table or in your lap, sort of like putting on a tight polo shirt. This goes double if you have skins on, such as invisible shield with its tacky surface.

25. bigtrip macrumors newbie

I have the pouch cut for the bumper as well. It is very tight and hard to use with my black bumper, but it works great with my blue bumper! It's the extra "stickiness" that the black bumper has that makes it hard to use. You will probably really enjoy it if you use a colored bumper though.