Photos will not save after iOS4 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GLS, Jun 26, 2010.

1. GLS macrumors 6502

As subject says; wife's 3GS was upgraded. Did a full restore (wipe clean) then synced the backup after installation.

Not an issue with existing camera roll pics. Those are fine.

Camera will take pictures....you can then close the camera app, and picture is in camera roll.

If you choose the pic you have just taken (to MMS, email) an "photos saving" message will appear and never leave. The only way to get out of this is to shut the phone off completely. Upon turning the phone back on, the photo is not in the camera roll.

If you take a picture, close the camera app, open the camera roll, the picture is there. Shutting the phone off (either by hard reset or using the lock button) then turning the phone back on....no picture.

I've restored twice, and resynced the backup twice. Same result.

My iPhone 3GS is having no issues...so you can imagine the glares that I get because I have messed up her phone....

Thanks to all who reply.

2. firedogut macrumors regular

first i would back up her data (not a itunes back up).

I would then restore her phone as New. Do not use a backup. the software glitch is in the backup

once the phone is new, install her apps, her data, set up her e-mail.....etc

If that works i would then make a itunes backup and delete all other backups. Now you have a 4.0 back up.

I believe most issues are being caused by people using backups to restore the phone. Almost everyone I know who set up the phone as new and did not restore a backup has had no issues.