Photos will not upload to iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mark., Jan 24, 2017.

1. Mark. macrumors member

I'm currently travelling across Australia in a campervan so my access to Wi-fi is pretty sporadic.

The last time my iPhone uploaded & fully synced to iCloud Photo Library was early December.

Since then, whenever I do connect to a Wifi, the phone attempts to upload the new pictures (735 items / 452Mb right now) however it appears to stumble over itself. I'll watch the ticker at the bottom of the Photos app climb to about 20mb uploaded, but when I look again it'll drop to say 8mb uploaded. It does this repeatedly until I disconnect from the Wifi.

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.1.1. I have over 20gb of free space on the phone and nearly 40gb of free space in iCloud.

I have tried resetting the phone but I am hesitant to turn off iCloud Photo Library and/or sign out of icloud as unlimited wifi to get things up & running again is hard to find.

If my photos do not upload then I don't have a backup of my travelling photos, which would be disasterous should something happen to my phone before I return home.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Mark. thread starter macrumors member

Fixed! Turns out i just needed some decent, unrestricted wifi.