Photos with new iPhone 6

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
The one thing I dispise with all iPhones is how they handle pictures and store photos. I take a lot of photos at work and been trying to find a way to separate work photos from my personal (camera roll) photos. You would thing a simple copy and paste would do but we all know it's not that easy. Is there any 3rd party apps that create their own folders to store photos? That was I would open up the 3rd party app camera app to take work photos and use the default camera for personal photos?

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
The one thing I dispise with all iPhones is how they handle pictures and store photos. I take a lot of photos at work and been trying to find a way to separate work photos from my personal (camera roll) photos.
Doesn't the + create new Album, name it 'Work' and move all the work photos in it do the trick? I must be missing something here I guess....

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Doesn't the + create new Album, name it 'Work' and move all the work photos in it do the trick? I must be missing something here I guess....
When you create an Album and copy pictures from the camera roll to the work album it still leaves copies of the photo in camera roll. So the work photos are still mixed with my personal photos in camera roll. If you delete the original photo that was copied from camera roll it deletes it from the work album. Its like apple creates a shortcut to the original file instead of an actually copy.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
When you create an Album and copy pictures from the camera roll to the work album it still leaves copies of the photo in camera roll. So the work photos are still mixed with my personal photos in camera roll. If you delete the original photo that was copied from camera roll it deletes it from the work album. Its like apple creates a shortcut to the original file instead of an actually copy.
I get what you mean now, thanks. And I agree, absolutely stupid!!

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
I sync all work photos up to OneDrive, and delete from device.

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
I sync all work photos up to OneDrive, and delete from device.
I was trying to get around the need to take the picture, upload it then delete it. I take a lot of pictures for work.

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014
That would be handy. You could "store" them in your recently deleted folder. Or buy another phone. ;)

Since OS-6

macrumors newbie
The one thing I dispise with all iPhones is how they handle pictures and store photos. I take a lot of photos at work and been trying to find a way to separate work photos from my personal (camera roll) photos. You would thing a simple copy and paste would do but we all know it's not that easy. Is there any 3rd party apps that create their own folders to store photos? That was I would open up the 3rd party app camera app to take work photos and use the default camera for personal photos?
I faced a similar problem, in that I wanted to move pics from the camera roll to specific albums, and then delete them from the camera roll.

What worked, does work, was to create a new SHARED album, and just share it to yourself. Add the pics that you want to that shared album ( wait for them to load up of course ) and then you can delete at will from your camera roll. Works for me !

Ardmanz

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2013
Yes, I find this completely bonkers!

I have pictures from a lots of different sources all mixed into one folder and even when I go through the effort of separating them then still remain in the camera roll.

Surely it's just been overlooked because it doesn't make any logical sense to me?

Indecisi0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, I find this completely bonkers!

I have pictures from a lots of different sources all mixed into one folder and even when I go through the effort of separating them then still remain in the camera roll.

Surely it's just been overlooked because it doesn't make any logical sense to me?
Its been "overlooked" since the iPhone has been in existence! It's the one truly pet peeve of mine about the iPhone. It's such a simple feature I don't understand how its gone this long without correcting the issue.

I will give the share thing a try and see how it works out. Thanks guys.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Its been "overlooked" since the iPhone has been in existence! It's the one truly pet peeve of mine about the iPhone. It's such a simple feature I don't understand how its gone this long without correcting the issue.

I will give the share thing a try and see how it works out. Thanks guys.
agreed that is one think I miss on my Android the files actually moved to the folder rather than just linking them to the folder

apples way still works if you add everything from the camera roll to its appropriate album you almost only need to use the camera roll to add the new photos to their proper album

only issue is its hard to keep track if you dont do it daily, androids way atleast you know if its missing from the main folder its already moved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.