photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pinballgov, Oct 8, 2010.

1. pinballgov macrumors newbie

HI all I put some photos on the ipad and they look great but I notice a little icon of the flower for photos on the first page when you turn on the ipad its right next to the slide lock is there a way to turn that off, Thanks in advance

Bill:D

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

That's so you can play a slide show of all your images. Don't know a way to turn it off.

3. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Yes, you can turn it off. In settings, passcode lock screen. Ya, I know, that is somewhere Microsoft would put it.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Sorry, I went there and turned it off but it had no effect. The icon is still there.

5. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

Maybe it works for me because I use a pw on the lock screen. So, this prevents someone from picking up the iPad and viewing photos without entering a password.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I tried it with & without a password and it didn't work either way. Actually you need to use a password to be able to turn the slider off or on. If you have "No Password" selected the Photo slider is "grayed" out and cannot be selected.

Update: What you must do is have the password activated. It is possible to select the password option turn the photo slider off and then cancel the password. However doing this puts the icon back on the screen. So you must have the password option activated in order get rid of the photon icon on the unlock screen.