Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocko918

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Bristow , Va
I need help figuring out a setting that got changed some how and i don't know how to get it back to normal.
I can create a shape with the marquee tool like a circle and then when i go to fill it with the paint bucket it fills out side the shape. Not in the inside. In order for me to fill the inside i have to invert the selection. Does anyone know how to get it back to normal?

Thanks!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
That's really odd.
I haven't been able to replicate it with a few minutes of messing around...

What happens when you try to use a brush within the selection?
i.e. Is it a selection problem or a paint bucket problem?

rocko918

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Bristow , Va
You know it is only when i create a path. after the path is created i pull down to make selection and it does not make the selection of just the path but all the whole canvas too.

It use to just make the selection of the path i created.

any ideas?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In the Paths palette, hold the Alt key when you drag the path down to the 3rd button from the left on the palette... that should bring up a dialog box.

What does it say?

Also double-check your pen tool options... in the tool bar.

I must admit, it's a bit vague from your description.

rocko918

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Bristow , Va
Nothing, it just make the selection but it is the invert of it.

create a path with the pen tool, then pull down in the path menu to the"make selection" then i get a box and click ok, it use to select the path object i created, now it selects the object and the canvas and when i go to fill it only fill everything outside the object i created, when i want to fill the inside of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.