Photoshop advice please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Obagleyfreer, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Obagleyfreer macrumors member

I'm a long time windows user and use Photoshop CC for work.

Since moving over to Mac OS I'm having a real issue using Photoshop.

I keep loosing windows behind the program itself! I can't figure out how to stop this happening, it's extremely frustrating.
    I need to literally move the whole Photoshop program away to a corner to find my missing window and then put it into a tab.
    However, it just keeps happening.

Can someone please please help?
    It's really killing my productivity and getting quite annoying.

Thank you :)

2. bobTheBenevolent macrumors newbie

bobTheBenevolent

--- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2017 ---
    You may be inadvertently clicking your mouse or hitting key combinations to hide current window. To bring a window back, go to the Window menu and scroll to very bottom and select the window you want among the window you have open. It might help you to go to the View menu > Screen Mode> Standard Screen Mode. This will display "tabs" near the top of the screen of every image you have open. Hitting the letter f key will toggle you through the three screen modes.

3. Obagleyfreer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it isnt any of that.
    If I have 2 windows floating, and click on one to work on it, the other one disappears behind everything.
    I've been using PS for 12 years on Windows and never had this happen, the first time I used a Mac it started happening. It's so frustrating.
    Even Google can't help.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

I'm not quite which windows you're losing– Photoshop documents, or Finder/desktop windows?
    If it's the desktop or Finder, you can turn off the "Application Frame" in Photoshop at the bottom of the Window menu. Photoshop for Windows works the same way so maybe you turned it off a long time ago in there.

5. 960design macrumors 68020

Have you tried using multiple virtual desktops? Then three finger swipe between folder and PS other applications.
    This way PS can be in a dedicated workspace. Nothing behind it.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25574?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

6. Obagleyfreer thread starter macrumors member

I'm loosing the document window.
    Really appreciate your help
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    I'll give that a try, thank you.
    Just seems odd it doesn't work like I am used to from the get go.