Photoshop: Batch process so one file saves as two new ones?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by saramoricz, Jul 4, 2008.

1. saramoricz macrumors newbie

Hi!

I need to open a spread for a photo album (jpg), alter it, save one side of it, and the save the other side of it. The input is spread 1, spread 2 etc, and output, side 1, side 2, side 3, side 4 etc.

I have created a action in Photoshop which does this perfectly. When I'm trying to create a droplet, with "overrides save as command", (which has to be the case to batch process many files), only the last "save as" command recorded in the action is saved as a file. Any ideas of how to achieve what I want to do? Maybe another program?

I think the problem simply is that Photoshop don't recognize more than one "save as" command in an action when you batch process it.

Please help! Regards, Sara

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I haven't tried this... but what about after the last save as.... do another process to the image. One that doesn't do a darn thing to the image. After that do the save as again.

This way you have a separation of the save as command.

Or you could try setting up another action to do the side 1 and then an action for the side 2.

Run the side 1 and then after you do the save as for side one have the action start the action for side 2. Does this make sense? I don't know if you can do this but it might be worth a try.

I haven't done multipal save as before..... Not on my machine at home so I am going off the top of my head with this one.

3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

File>Scripts>Export Layers to Files.
    Organize your PSD to work with this script.