Photoshop/Bridge AppleScript help for a newcomer

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by mynewromantica, Oct 3, 2011.

1. mynewromantica macrumors regular

I am VERY new to applescript. I am wondering if this is even possible:

When I get my images back from my processing lab I wan to cull through them and mark the good ones with a certain rating in Bridge CS5. Then I want to drop them on a script that opens them one at a time and adds 3 adjustment layers or runs a specific custom Photoshop action or sends photoshop a specific keystroke to activate that action. It should then save the file as a PSD in the same location as the file it opened, close the file in photoshop, delete the original and move on to the next it was given.

Is this even possible? I am ok making some adjustments to the process but the end result should be an easy way to convert each of the specified files into a PSD with a certain set of adjustments layers with the old file deleted.

Thanks in advance.

David

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Try Automator first.

If you're new to AppleScript, creating a process that deletes originals seems a bit risky. You should probably start by creating a process that produces new files, get that working perfectly, then if it's really worth the time and effort, go do the "overwrite original" thing.

3. mynewromantica, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011

mynewromantica thread starter macrumors regular

I actually am working with it in Automator first but I really want to learn AppleScript so I figure this is as good a chance as any.

------------

Also, i may be doing something wrong in Automator but I can't seem to get it do it one image at a time. It open all images at once then continues with the rest of the actions. I want it to do one image at a time because opening and processing hundreds of images at once really takes it's toll.