Photoshop crashes at launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Plymouthbreezer, May 31, 2007.

1. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Here's the error message from the dialogue box:

It happens every time. =/ This is on my iMac G4 1GHz... 10.4.9, all updates.

2. sdh1982 macrumors newbie

I Had Similar Problem

Hi, You may have tried one or both of the following sugestions, but if not give em a try.

1) Try deleting your photoshop preferences. You can find these in either:
    Mac Hard Drive / Library / Preferences or
    Mac Hard Drive / Users / (your user name) / Library / Preferences
    Find the appropriate Preference file for photoshop and move it to your desk top and rename it, (just so you still have a copy of it somewhere).
    Now try Re-launching photoshop, if the issue is resolved photoshop will creat a new preference file for itself.

2) This one seems a little odd. . . but Adobe had me do this to resolve the same issue but for Adobe After Effects.
    In Your main system preferences go to the 'Date & Time' setion, select the Time zone Tab, and select a different local area within your time zone. Close preferences, restart computer and then try to launch Photoshop.

Other than that i have no other suggestions, as i expect a re-install of photoshop does not resolve the problem as it didnt with mine.

Hope you get it sorted

3. Nym macrumors 6502a

Nym

Yep, I've been having the same problem with Photoshop... Gonna try these suggestions when I get home.

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Try deleting your preferences file when you start up Photoshop.

(Works in more recent Photoshops too including CS3)

Try that...doing that has saved me before when Photoshop crashes while starting.

5. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Neither of these fixes worked.

This is killer though - specially for those of us who relay on Photoshop everyday!

6. Plymouthbreezer thread starter macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Budump.

Anyone have other ideas? I've still no fix, and have not heard back from Adobe... And I have four slideshows to do this week. Cropping over 600 pictures is a surefire pain in Preview and the Lightroom too bloated for such a simple job. :eek: