Photoshop CS 5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by SoCalRich, Apr 27, 2010.

1. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

CS 5 is here... How many of you are going to make the move? This will be my first copy so I'm all in... :D Can't wait... :D

First I have to get my new 17" MBP i7... It's ordered... I'm waiting...

2. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

I will probably buy PhotoShop CS5 Extended (educational). I believe it costs $199.00.

3. missclareski macrumors newbie

Ditto. I'm wanting to invest in Dreamweaver also, so I may get the Design package if I'm able to... I bought the Production Premium last summer. Is it only one educational software a year? I'm curious about the content-aware fill and how well it works (or doesn't). It would be amazing for when I do my digital scrapbooking if it actually works well!

4. Stratification macrumors regular

As a beta tester I have to say, you aren't going to be disappointed, I love the features in this latest version and feel a little lost when I'm on a machine with only CS4. The improvements to Camera Raw alone are huge.

5. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

6. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

7. yaroldb macrumors 6502

8. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I will probably order this.. It looks very enticing.

Yaroldb, every where I have tried to buy has said "ships May" or "ships late May."

9. HBOC macrumors 68020

My buddy USED to work for Adobe, but they laid a bunch of people off last summer. He got me CS4 master collection for free:), but I will upgrade.

I registered mine and got something from Adobe a few weeks ago about upgrading. I think I will just do PS right now. Is there that a big a difference in DW, from CS4 > CS5?

10. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I would like PhotoShop CS5, but I don't have much use for the updates on the rest of the Design Premium package. Anyone know if you can upgrade just one component from a package? I have CS3 Design Premium.

Dale

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I'm going to get CS5 Design Standard from my uni store for $199.

12. HBOC macrumors 68020

I believe so. There are two update prices for PS CS5, $199 and $399.

13. Stratification macrumors regular

It's not magic, but given the right photo it can feel close. Content aware fill and healing are things I've made use of regularly with the new version. It struggles if there's strong depth-of-field or not enough to build a pattern from, but when it works it can be brilliant. Absolutely great for extending the edges of photos where needed.

14. John.B macrumors 601

John.B

I don't believe so, I think you'd have to upgrade to a similar suite.

15. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I will be updating. I plan on updating all of my apps from Adobe. I skipped CS4 so I am hoping for some improvements! From what I have seen this looks pretty darn big.

16. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Friend

Yesterday I showed a friend some of the demo videos of the new content aware features of CS5, and he was absolutely dumbfounded. He pretty much started yelling about how "we wont be able to trust anything we see in the future", and how it was like living in the future already. I said YEAH, I LOVE IT!!!

17. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Correct. They accept component to component, component to suite and suite to suite. They say in two seperate statements that they don't accept suite to component upgrades. PhotoShop CS3 handles most of what I need to do to finish and tune photos, but I want a better RAW editor. The ACR in CS3 hasn't been updated for a while and I'm not holding my breath. I'm currently thinking about Aperture 3 and adding PhotoShop Elements if A3 doesn't do enough for me.

Dale

18. TH3D4RKKN1GH7 macrumors 6502a

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

Yeah I'm upgrading to CS5 MC. All the great editions have come to the programs I use the most. Was at an AENY event today, a friend of mine was headlining a seminar, and someone one a free copy of CS5 MC.

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I just downloaded Photoshop CS5 Extended; I love that I can now use all the RAM in my computer; if seems the extra VRAM is being put into good use as well.

I look forward to editing some landscapes with the new content-aware fill method.

The rest of the apps I'm keeping in CS4; I don't use them enough to justify any upgrading of those.

I had that issue as well. You can only upgrade a suite to a suite; the only way to upgrade an individual program is to buy the full version; of course I just bought the upgrade and got a previous version for the cheap.

20. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

+1, I'm getting CS5 same price via my wife edu pricing.
    I actually had CS4 just a few weeks back, and returned it w/o opening.
    CS5 will be in my apple edu store cart this weekend....
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9637303&postcount=6

21. kedruff macrumors newbie

Downloaded CS5 web premium this morning (onto my new i7 17" MBP, I'm spending money like it's ***** water this month between taxes, computer & Adobe, LOL... course, I won't actually pay Adobe til the end of the 30 day trial). So far, I'm really enjoying Photoshop and content aware fill... lots of fun.

22. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

pre-ordered in the beginning of April. Just checked Adobe and it looks like i should have the disc by next Thursday. can't wait! i've been waiting to upgrade from CS3 for a while.

23. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

Though I'm stoked PS finally went 64bit, I was hoping the other apps in the suite would as well. I'm going to sit this one out and save for CS6.

24. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I got CS4 Std (for Windows) less than a year ago so I'll pass on 5. I'll maybe upgrade to the next version in Extended edition. I would like the stacking features available in Extended.

25. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

so did I but it launched today...