Photoshop CS under XP or CS2 under OS X

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by earthbound, Mar 19, 2008.

1. earthbound macrumors member

Hi everyone. As a recent Mac convert and new MBP owner, I've got to invest on software, mainly Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3; but seeing that I'm rather tight on money right now, I'm limited to whatever my workplace own. My workplace only has CS2 for Mac (which does not run natively on Intel MBP) and CS for Windows (work also has a copy of XP Pro). So until I have enough money to buy CS3, which set up would you guys recommend for me - CS in XP or CS2 in OSX?

Thank you in advance.

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

CS2 under Rosetta. The performance is very nice - certainly worth the extras that CS2 has over CS.

3. scott9s macrumors member

I'm in a similar boat except I don't have the apple version of photoshop.

So, its either buy CS3 or use Windows Adobe CS2. I'm thinking doing the later until I decide to jump to CS3. we'll see how it goes.

4. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

Will Adobe let you do low cost (or free) "cross-grade" from Windows CS2 to OS X CS2?

If not, I'm pretty sure you can at least upgrade from Windows CS2 to OS X CS3 for like $199 (retail).

At least you wouldn't need to purchase a whole new version...

5. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

The performance of CS2 vs CS3 in OSX is pretty much exactly the same.

6. earthbound thread starter macrumors member

CS2 in OS X it is, then :)

Plus, after thinking about it, I'm not really sure I want to bother with boot camp...

7. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

8. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Totally wrong. I waited a while to upgrade but it was a very noticeable speed difference.

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

there's a speed difference between CS and CS3, but for light image work (web stuff) CS was fine for me, and it was only because I could get CS3 that I did. Well, that and the desire to stay relatively up-to-date, but not out of necessity.