Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HD303

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Observatory Park
Since I'm a convert, I had tons of software on my PC that I have to upgrade to run on mac. I've been a loyal photoshop user since 6.0. I was dreading having to spend $700 for a mac version. Anyway, I check ebay and see tons of bootleg software for sale - That's not for me.

I decide to call Adobe and see what offers they may have for converts. Was I blown away. They are sending me a full version of CS2 for my imac! At NO CHARGE! (well, 6 bucks for shipping). I sign a Letter Of Destruction, and they send me the software. This switch to MAC is getting better everyday!

My CS2 for Windows gets shredded the day the mac version arrives.

Thank You Adobe!

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Good to know.

Did you need to send your Windows PS disks, or did you just have to give them your serial number or sales receipt or something? :confused: It couldn't be as easy as phoning them, could it?

HD303

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Observatory Park
Abstract said:
Good to know.

Did you need to send your Windows PS disks, or did you just have to give them your serial number or sales receipt or something? :confused: It couldn't be as easy as phoning them, could it?

I was instructed to download a "Letter Of Distruction" from the Adobe web site. During my phone call, they gave me a case number which you include in the letter, as well as the serial number of the Windows version. By signing the LOD, you are saying that you will destroy the Windows version of CS2 - which I will. Once you email, fax or mail the LOD back to Adobe, they send out the Mac version.

How cool is that!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
That's great! More ammo- errm.. reason for more of my friends to convert in college! Ha. I already got three of them to get MacBooks..

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
the way it should be is shipping windows and mac versions in the same box, though this is a good second, blizzard has always been brilliant in this respect.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Hector said:
the way it should be is shipping windows and mac versions in the same box, though this is a good second, blizzard has always been brilliant in this respect.

Well, yes. You are of course correct. It would be better for them to ship both versions in one box, but they won't do that as different versions come out at different times. (E.g. Photoshop Elements 4 for PC was out MONTHS if not a year before 4 on the Mac... making a box for this would be difficult).

H.Richburg

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2005
Adobe did the same for me, twice. Years ago they did it when I wnet from my Mac IICi to Windows and more recently back to Mac. I don't recall the charge but you are right, I paid the shipping only.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.