Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2009
I've just installed Photoshop CS3 on 10.4.x and was unable to open .NEF files from my Nikon D300 or .DNG files that I converted. I upgraded to 10.5.1 and reinstalled Photoshop and still nothing. I went to Adobe's Mac support site and downloaded the most recent camera RAW plug-ins 5.8 or something, then when that didn't work I went back to 5.1 that I knew worked for me on Windows. Both show up as a .plugin file and when clicked I am told they are not recognizable (though they have the right icon). When trying to open .NEFs through Photoshop, they are no longer grayed-out, but the program does nothing when I try to open them or .DNGs.
I tried to install my Nikon NX software which says Windows/Macintosh on the disc. That froze up and wouldn't let me eject. I tried 8 of the 10 wiki strategies to "force eject" before I could finally retrieve the disc and get back to where I started.
I'm about ready to pack everything up and send it back... better the devil I know.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I couldn't read if you you put the plugins in the appropriate place:
Applications > Adobe Photoshop CS 3 > Plug-Ins .

Did you do that?

My camera raw plugin works fine, but with a EOS 450D.

D300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2009
yes thanks, I put the plug-ins in the plug-in folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.