Photoshop CS3 on my MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BENNYNOCKIT, Jun 27, 2008.

1. BENNYNOCKIT macrumors newbie

I am about to purchase photoshop and illustrator for my mac book pro and I was just wondering if I need to buy anything extra to bring it up to speed. Meaning is my comp big enough and can it handle a program like photoshop. So please if you can help me out, I will be on this forum often so yeah. Does anyone know a good site to get a good student discount on this program, or should I just go through my college to get it. Thankyou

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

My sister runs this on her MBP 17" with no problem. She also purchased Photoshop at the Educational Discount (she's a P.H.D.). Her MBP has 2GB of RAM. You may need a larger disk as Photoshop files and RAW digital camera files are fairly large. I'm not sure what drive size you purchased with your MBP, but you can always add an external drive to it if needed.

3. ddoonie macrumors regular

I have a MBP 2.4 with 2gb of ram. I run photoshop, bridge, dreamweaver, firefox, mail, microsoft word, and a couple smaller apps, with no issues.

What size files you normally deal with in photoshop? I've loaded some 1.0gb files, and that is the only slow down, but not in the actual editing etc.

To be honest, i ran the whole CS3 suite on my ibook with no problems, only the aforementioned loading of large files. The MBP will be more than enough in base stock configuration.

4. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

It would help greatly to know your current configuration before doling out advice.