Photoshop CS3 on Tiger help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by redrims999, Nov 19, 2008.

1. redrims999 macrumors newbie

I have Photoshop CS3 10.0 with a late 2006 intel iMac version 10.4.11. Whenever I try and create an image with Photoshop, I can't find the option to save as a .PNG. This is very irritating because whenever I make a something with a transparent background or any transparencies, it turns out white because it is not a .PNG. Can someone please tell me what I can try to correct this? I will be more then willing to give out more info on my Mac.

-Thanks,
    redrims999

2. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

You have to "save as web" in the file menu, you'll find the option for .PNG there.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

when you save as you can either use the Abode Dialog or the OS Dialog. both should have an option to save as PNG instead of Photoshop besides "Format:".

4. redrims999 thread starter macrumors newbie

the "save as web" option is there, but is greyed out so I can't click it.

When I clicked Adobe Dialog and when I clicked OS Dialog, there is no .png format from the drop down menu.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

maybe it wont let you save that image. try with another image like a screenshot for example.

6. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

the image may be locked. Check the settings on it

in the "image" tab I believe. Something about RBG or something. I remember the image was set to the wrong one, and I couldn't save it, but as as soon as I converted it, it worked fine.

7. redrims999 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this image http://gotymedia.gamespy.com/2005/images/screens/pc/bf2_pc2.jpg. Opened it in Photoshop, and tried to save. No .PNG option

I went to Image>Mode and selected every option. Nothing helped.