photoshop cs3 question..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saccento, Jun 30, 2008.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

i just got my new macbook this week.. and i installed photoshop cs3.. i was just wondering if youre supposed to see the backround while cs3 is running.. as a former windows user, photoshop never did this.. thanks.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I think there's an option to hide it, but yes, this is the Mac way. Time to forget what stuff looked like on Windows...

Edit: or there's not an option: I can't find one. The default workspace hides the desktop with an image maximised though...

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Yes, this is how it is by default. Also coming from Windows, I prefer to have the document windows maximized all the time to hide the desktop wallpaper. If you want to do that also...

From the menu bar: View > Screen Mode > Maximized Screen Mode

The downside to this is it is much harder to copy layers from one Photoshop document to another. Spaces and expose don't really like when I drag and drop (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). Expose just doesn't work too good with the Maximized Screen Mode.

4. siorai macrumors 6502

The only way you can have it like in Windows is to open a new, blank images and put it full screen. Then open your other images windowed. This is actually something they're addressing with CS4 and will have an option to make the workspace like in Windows or OSX.