Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zdobson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Indiana
After using Photoshop for a little while, the lasso tool starts flickering between the lasso and the arrow and won't allow me to lasso anything. If I keep clicking, eventually the lasso will take, but it's obviously not working properly. If I close and reopen Photoshop, it stops, but only temporarily.

Also, I can set a custom crop size at first, but after changing it once or twice it stops letting me enter anything into the fields.

Has anyone else had these issues? I'm running CS3 on the Mac Pro 2.8 octo. I looked around on other sites and seems that other people have had the same issue after upgrading to Leopard. Not just MP users. I'm out of town right now, so I haven't updated to 10.5.2 yet. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any knowledge of this.

weevil

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
Yeah, had same problems too with 10.5.1 - loads of issues with Photoshop.

Good news is that the 10.5.2 update has sorted out most of the problems I was having, so hopefully updating should do the trick.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
No issue with cs3, ive 2 friends using leopard + cs3 also, no reported problems all updates to 10.5.2.

zdobson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Indiana
I just got home and installed 10.5.2 and the problem persists. I read somewhere that if I disable spaces it solves the problem. That seems to work, but I love spaces! It hardly seems like a solution to the problem to shut off other features in the OS. Can't they all just get along?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I'm running a default setup of OS X 10.5.2 with all the bells and whistles turned on(Spaces too)... not a single issue with any of the CS3 products.

adamberti

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2003
zdobson - did you ever figure out a solution to your problem? I've got the exact same issue and it's really frustrating. Turning off spaces didn't do it for me.

kroniq

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2008
I too have this problem. CS3 with 10.5.2. I haven't tried disabling spaces though as I need this feature.

BlackThunder

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2008
Yes I had this problem too... I went back to Photoshop CS since it is so much more stable and runs a lot smoother... and I'm too much of a novice to appreciate any of the upgrades in cs3 anyway.

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
you guys with no CS3 problems must not be running InDesign.

I have 3 separate machines that hang up regularly in InDesign with Leopard that were fine with Tiger.

I've moved one of them back to Tiger because it has gotten so frustrating. I haven't had any Photoshop issues, though...

Halcyon

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2006
you guys with no CS3 problems must not be running InDesign.

I have 3 separate machines that hang up regularly in InDesign with Leopard that were fine with Tiger.

Have you downloaded and installed the ID CS3 update? I only had problems with the G4 and G5 machines at the office, but now all is solved.

HTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.