Photoshop CS3 Slow on Snow leopard?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by pprior, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pprior macrumors 65816

Anyone else having problems with PS? Running complex actions are taking far longer than what I remember on Leopard. Maybe it's in my head - I haven't done any timing. But saving larger files (let's say 500+ MB) also seems to take a long time (more than 20 seconds sometimes).

Hard disks have plenty of space. When I pull up activity monitor I will see pulses of disk writing activity with longer areas of none, and processor use is tiny - clearly not using anywhere near all 8 of my mac pro cores.

Rig: 3ghz 2008 MP, 16GB ram, running app off X-25 intel SSD with a raptor 300gb for scratch. ATI 4870 for video. Plenty of free ram.

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Works fine with me but I m far to be a power user.

3. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

ouch really? i'm using a junky old pc that cost me $400. 2.1ghz triple core, 4 gigs of ram. i also work with massive, layered photoshop files (some ranging near a gig) and save takes very little time. certainly not 20+ seconds. then again i'm running windows 7 64-bit and running photoshop cs4 64-bit version. not sure how much difference that makes.

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

I'd like to hear the answer to this one... I have a setup close enough to yours, and work with big enough files, that this matters to me. The only difference is that I haven't upgraded to SL yet.

It is only $35 (Canadian) to get SL, and several hundred to upgrade the other apps. So I'm waiting for now, but upgrading the apps to get ready for SL.