photoshop cs3 & snow leopard - random menu options are greyed out?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by erickerl, Sep 8, 2009.

1. erickerl macrumors newbie

hi all,

Admittedly, i'm one of the not-quite-thinking-straight early adopters of Snow Leopard. I performed an update install & everything went quite well (very fast boot times, etc.)

However, my Photoshop CS3 has some weird things happening (all other CS3 apps work fine!). I can open, edit & save images with no probs. But, there are numerous menu options that are greyed out, like "File>Quit"!! In order to quit the app, I have to force quit every time. Also, several other commands in the Path window are greyed out.

has anyone else experienced this / know of a fix? (i have not tried reinstalling SL, since everything else is working perfectly.)

2. Pandybelly macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am having the same problems. Installed Snow Leopard last night and immediately CS3 went all funny. I even reinstalled CS3 and no good. As I write, I cannot quit or rasterize type for example. When I go >File>Open, using the OS Dialog, the left side menu looks weird with a dark blue background and black text that is barely legible against the blue. When I change to Adobe Dialog, its OK.

I am not a happy camper after this and am sorry I upgraded.

Can anyone help us or is it CS4 time?

Regards,

Anthony.....