Photoshop CS3 Transfer between macs.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alienvariety, Jun 4, 2010.

1. alienvariety macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I have Photoshop CS3 installed on my Macbook 13", but it's beginning to lag (old model) and I've now got a 27" iMac. Is there any way I can transfer the app from the old computer to the newer one?

I did migration assistant when I first bought the iMac, but for some reason Photoshop wasn't transferred (although a number of other Adobe apps were so I don't know why that should be). Either way, I'm well beyond repeating the whole thing. I just need transfer advice for this single program.

Cheers

2. lostless macrumors 6502

Unfortunately adobe has some pretty bad DRM on their apps which is buggy, I have to say (lost my second activation, which the only way to get back is to call adobe and convince them I'm not trying to activate on 3 computers). The only way is to deactivate PS3 on the old mac, reinstall it onto the new mac with the original install disk, and then reactivate.

3. Ganesha macrumors regular

If you bought CS3 though through Adobe's online store as a download, you can re-download the installer anytime you want.