Photoshop CS3... two licenses per copy?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jpa.herron, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jpa.herron macrumors newbie

Just a quick question...

I'd read that a copy of Photoshop will allow you to install it on two separate machines (so long as they're both not used at the same time)... is this true?

If so, would I be able to install it on both partitions of my bootcamped MBP (Windows XP & OSX)? Does a single copy come in a dual-format setup or is it packaged exclusively for both Windows and OSX? What if I installed a trial version on each OS, then used the same serial number when activating?

Cheers,

James.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

They are formatted different. I think legally, you could have done this though...

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You can install 2 copies (1 desktop, 1 laptop) but they have to be the same OS so you can't install one on Windows and one on OSX.

4. jpa.herron thread starter macrumors newbie

Thought that might be the case.

Was trying to decide which partition to install it... thought I'd be able to put it on both (since I tend to use either OS exclusively - no parallels, VMWare, etc.)

I currently have the Windows partition set to 32GB, with the OSX partition using the bulk of the 160GB internal drive... if I install it on the Windows side, would there be any issues since the available space is less than if it was installed on the OSX partition? Similarly, as I'll be upgrading to Leopard soon, would it yield any advantages in performance over running it in Windows XP Pro? For what its worth, the MBP I'm using has 3GB of RAM.