Photoshop CS3 users!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bkryton, Jul 25, 2008.

1. bkryton macrumors newbie

Alright, I've done some research and I'm looking for that last pound on the nail to solidify my purchasing decision.

My computer time is mainly for e-mail, word processing, and photoshop CS3/Brdige. Lots of CS3! I want a Macbook Pro cuz I'm always on the go, so I'm just trying to figure out what processor I should go with. I keep reading that 2.4 ghz will suffice as it doesn't make much of a difference to the 2.5 or 2.6 if I just load up my ram and quicken my hard drive...

I'm on a macbook, the 2.4... It gets a little crammed when I'm running photoshop and bridge at the same time. I figure, though, it's because I'm only working with 2gb ram. Would upping the processor help? Thanks

2. Hates macrumors regular

I don't have any direct experience but I doubt you would see much of an improvement moving from 2.4 to 2.5/2.6. More ram always helps.

3. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

a 100 or 200mhz increase won't really do anything for you.
    It definitely isn't worth the $250 upgrade apple charges for it.

4. bkryton thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help,

I've been reading up on the different speeds of hard drives, and I'm wondering if there is much difference between the 5400 and 7200 rpm. I hear that higher density 5400 are very comparable to the lower density 7200? Again, I use CS3 a lot! Any insight? Thanks

5. jroller macrumors regular

As a CS3 user, here's my recommendation:

Get whatever pro model you wish. The processor speed, in my opinion, is now the least relevant of the three main considerations (CPU, RAM, HD). Get the 7200 RPM drive option, and max out your RAM; that's where I would spend the money instead of on the CPU.