Photoshop CS4/5 using a Laptop.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SoCalRich, Apr 20, 2010.

1. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

Is anyone using Photoshop on a Laptop? If so, what kind of laptop, processor, ram etc? How odes it work for you? Is it powerful and fast enough using CS4?

I've been told that a Mac Book Pro 2.2 gHZ works fine for editing photos using Photoshop CS4.

I'm looking at buying a new computer and wondering if I can get buy using a laptop as opposed to being tied to a desk.

I'm considering a new Apple 13" 2.4 or 2.66gHZ C2D, 4MB with a Nvidia 320M GPU. I like the small form factor and battery life for taking with me in the field. I can always plug in a larger monitor when needed.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What kind of photos do you plan to work on? JPEGs, RAWs, how many MP?

I use a C2D 2.8GHz MBP and it works like a charm with 12MP RAW photos.

3. SoCalRich thread starter macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

12-15MB RAW, Some jpegs not many.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

If you have to ask....

Seriously Ps can be as beastly as you want it to be. If you are working with giant and I do mean seriously huge files zoomed in x500 for touchups or multiple programs then you might need more horse power.

If all you're working on are "Banners" and "Sigs" i.e. small single layer compositions with nothing complex, then any intel mac will work.

The machine itself can process RAW in reasonable time but of course if you bill by the second/minute/hour and every second counts then a mac pro will work in the long run.