photoshop cs4 advice (really quick thing)

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by EmptyCalm, Nov 26, 2008.

1. EmptyCalm macrumors member

maybe a dumb question but i'd feel dumb for at least not asking, how would photoshop cs4 run on a black macbook 2.4 2gigs of ram?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Depends entirely on the size of files you're working with. 4Gbs of RAM makes life a lot easier when using any Creative Suite app.

3. EmptyCalm thread starter macrumors member

ok cool. i'm not really doing big documents, nothing major really. (although i might get into that in the future :confused:)

definitly gonna upgrade to 4gigs...I'll put that into the christmas wish list :)

4. csista macrumors member

Works fine for me. I just turned off the Open GL option since there is no graphics card. I actually installed the entire Production Premium plus Lightroom on there, although I'm not really depending on the video programs to work well if at all. Haven't tested those yet.

If you're using 4GB you're good to go. Order your RAM from crucial.com It was down to $68 when I ordered mine a couple of months ago.

5. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

may i suggest crucial.com!? :):):)

6. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

7. 66217 Guest

Should there be a difference between the OP MacBook and a 2.0GHz Core Duo MacBook (with GMA 950)?

Because Photoshop CS4 was nearly impossible to use in my MacBook.

8. BioHazard7 macrumors newbie

Photoshop CS4?

I'm a graphic design student and for one of my college projects Ive had to cut out an image of a group of people but to do this i used the lasso is their a more professional and neater way to achieve this?