Photoshop CS4 boot up time on i7 imac?

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Hi

I'm thinking of selling my SSD MBP and buy a brand new 7200RPM i7, I don't want to open the iMac to install a SSD so…how much does it takes to start photoshop?

invisionblue

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
What what what :eek:

Mine is about 4 seconds on an SSD!!! 1-2secs first boot up? or you open the app, then quit and then open it up again?
First boot up. However my i7 had to be shipped back because I got the lucky flickering screen problem. But when I had it for 48 hours it loaded photoshop up instantly on first boot up. Can't wait to get it back next week, I use photoshop daily for my job.

Comment

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
First boot up. However my i7 had to be shipped back because I got the lucky flickering screen problem. But when I had it for 48 hours it loaded photoshop up instantly on first boot up. Can't wait to get it back next week, I use photoshop daily for my job.
A W E S O M E
:D

Comment

kkent25

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2007
Canada
Yup, I loaded CS4 on to my i7 last night. Under 2 seconds to load Photoshop up. I was amazed. Mind you, I am updating from a first gen MBP 1.83 core duo machine that was running CS2 under Rosetta. So...what at jump up!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.