Photoshop CS4 & Epson 1270 printer (not printing)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by -hh, Feb 24, 2009.

1. -hh macrumors 68020

-hh

Just did an upgrade to Leopard and CS4 this past month on my PPC G5 PowerMac (2003) and after a couple of the normal upgrade glitches, came across an odd one.

Currently, I have two photo-grade USB printers:

Epson Photo Sylus 1270
    Canon ip6600

The Epson 1270 is an older printer that I've had for several years; the Canon's probably only 2 years old. While the Canon can print a max size of 8.5" x 11, the Epson 1270 can easily print 11x14, which is part of the reason why I keep the 1270 around.

Symptoms:

1) So far, both print fine from any application, including Adobe Photoshop CS2.

2) Except when I try to print to the 1270 in Photoshop CS4.

In CS4, the Canon printer works fine, but a print job sent to the 1270 simply disappears.

Trying to troubleshoot, I did leave Photoshop CS2 installed, and I've found that I can go back and still print to the Epson 1270 from CS2. I've also checked Epson's support page: they claim that the printer driver is preinstalled in Macintosh OS X 10.5 Leopard. Since the 1270 prints fine from everything else, I'm inclined to suspect that the problem resides in Photoshop CS4.

Suggestions?

-hh

2. leighonigar macrumors 6502a

I do no know if there is some specific incompatibility between the two. My usual troubleshooting would be to remove the printer, then add it again (in system prefs, with a reboot in between).