Photoshop CS4 Install Messed Up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, Oct 1, 2009.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I just bought Photoshop CS4 extended for $2,400, and I must say that I am disappointed. I mean, I can't tell if the software itself is an improvement over the CS3 Extended, because I get this rather poorly worded answer. "The software cannot be installed because the file system of the OS volume is not supported. The OS volume should be local, writable, and should have a non-case sensitive file system." I was wondering, because this is ridiculously expensive software from a leading developer. I have honestly never seen this message from anywhere, until now. I believe that the message is telling me that I have to reformat my OS volume to match those specific details, or it will not install. Does anyone know how to install without reformatting my OS drive? Thanks.

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Customer Service or Tech Support at Adobe should be able to help you. I would try there first, before looking for solutions here.

3. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

Are you installing on an internal drive or external? It can only be internal.

Is your drive case sensitive? Can you rename a file to say AAA.jpg and one to say aaa.jpg in the same location? I believe you have to reformat and not select case sensitive.