Photoshop CS4 issue(s)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Halcyon, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Halcyon macrumors 6502

Installed Adobe CS4 Master Suit and when I start Photoshop I get the following warning window:

"Could not load the Multiprocessor Support Module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop."

First time it run after installing the suit, it started ok with no warnings at all. Every start after that I get the above warning. After closing the warning window Photoshop starts fine and runs fine...maybe it runs/processes slower that it should because of this, no way I can tell.

Anybody knows why the warning and what it means?

PD - I'm running this on my 20" 2.66 GHz Intel iMac, 4 GB Ram, 10.5.5 w/all system, etc. updates.

2. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Photoshop CS4 issue(s)

I'm reposting in this section after getting no response on another one..and after further issues arising that seem to be OS related...read on:

Installed Adobe CS4 Master Suit and when I run Photoshop the following warning window shows while loading:

"Could not load the Multiprocessor Support Module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop."

First time it run after installation no warning windows at all. Every start after that I get the above warning. After closing the warning window Photoshop starts fine and runs...maybe it runs/processes slower that it should because of this, no way I can tell. Also, none of the 3D functions work, that is, when chosen Photoshop will either "unexpectedly close" or the beach ball will spin forever (must force quit because Photoshop is "not responding").

To further complicate matters, now I get a second warning window while loading Photoshop:

"Could not load the MMXcore Routines module because it does not work on this version of Photoshop."

PD - I'm running this on my 20" 2.66 GHz Intel iMac, 4 GB Ram, 10.5.5 w/all system/apple updates.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You may want to repost. It hurts tho. And it maeks you ded. Donut be ded.

In the past, at least the MMXCore issues seems to have related to incompatible plugins...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=29912101

(Why Firefox can figure out your plugins won't work and deactivate them, and PS/CS cannot, is another question entirely).

Did you install CS4 over top of CS3?

4. Halcyon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, it is a plug-in issue. I had set the plug-in's folder from Photoshop CS3 as an additional plug-in folder. Once that option is unchecked all 3D options work perfectly and Photoshop won't quit anymore.

I still get the warning window at start up, but I guess that might be because Photoshop CS3 is also installed in the same machine. I will try installing CS4 on another machine, but first I will uninstall CS3 and see what happens.

I read the thread from the link you provided and being that I have OnOne and NickSoftware plug-ins installed, I will also un-install those and see what happens.

Thanks.