Photoshop CS4 visual corruption when resizing windows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apfhex, Nov 11, 2008.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

So I just installed PS CS4 as downloaded from Adobe's website. When I resize a window, the gray area in the background becomes totally corrupt. Doesn't affect the document itself but it's distracting. Looked around but didn't see anything about this issue... anyone else experienced this? I tried turning off OpenGL drawing in the Preferences but that didn't help. I've not seen any visual corruption anywhere else in OS X but wonder if it's a problem with the ATI 3870 at all. Never saw anything like this with CS2 or CS3.

Edit: ack, it is OpenGL drawing. It wasn't obvious I had to restart Photoshop for it to take effect. Still, an annoying bug. Anyone else seen this?

Attached Files:

2. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I have similar redrawing issues in Dreamweaver CS4. Sometimes on a code-heavy site (in code view) when I scroll it makes big chunks of text look whited out. If I click and drag over it, it comes back.

Sometimes I select a block of code in code view, and it just doesn't stick. It de-selects itself. I make a selection elsewhere, then come back to it, and it works.

Sadly, I prefer this over the stability and speed problems I had with CS4. Still, I wish Adobe would get their shiznit together.

3. antiproanti macrumors newbie

i'm getting the same exact thing on photoshop, even with a brand new 17" macbook pro, it happens on both the geforce 9400 and 9600 settings...
    methinks its probably just a glitch from the new opengl implimentation that theyll probably fix eventually, but you're right...its still annoying as crap :(
    if anyone has any other ideas that would be fantastic, as i adore the smoothing effects of the opengl