Photoshop CS5 + Magic Mouse = issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Baycon, May 12, 2010.

1. Baycon macrumors member

Hi!

I use Photoshop on a daily basis (10 to 15 hours a day, 7 days a week) so I have a pretty good workflow/routine going on. Recently, Adobe launched CS5, and I was pretty excited at some of the features (mostly 64bit, but also content-aware upgrades). I download the demo, set up my hotkeys, but something ends up feeling wrong.

I work with my photos at complete full screen (press F twice), and I only go back to the basic view when I need access to non-hotkeyed filters or brushes. Because of this, I use the Magic Mouse touch surface to quickly zoom in and out, but MOSTLY, fly across the picture (hold the option key, and move your finger around). With CS4, it's beautiful; everything is responsive and fast, and the momentum is even there. However, in CS5, all I get is a VERY SLOW movement, with pretty much no recognition on the diagonal movements.

Basically useless.

Anyone else has experienced this? Maybe I missed a setting somewhere, and I'd love to get some input :)

Thanks a ton!

2. Fa7mac macrumors regular

Fa7mac

God I hate the Magic Mouse. That "mouse" ain't no good to be used in any serious work! It is just for browsing the web or your computer. I go crazy with it when I'm using InDesign/FCS/Motion. I soooooooo need a really mouse.
    Sorry but I dnt know how to solve your problem (if there is a solution for that in the first place) what I recomend though is Throw it AWAY and get a serious mouse for serious Work!

3. Macmaniac411 macrumors member

I have noticed the same thing, it being fine on CS4 and not on CS5. Which means this has to be adobe's fault. I personally find the magic mouse to be a great mouse for professional and non professional use, but this has to do with Photoshop CS5. It time to contact adobe support.

4. ce0311 macrumors newbie

Did you get any help from Adobe yet? I have the same problem and Photoshop CS5 is unusable for me.

5. mattrobs macrumors member

See here. It's being worked on.

6. Baycon thread starter macrumors member

Here's to crossing our fingers then! :)

7. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i would advise getting a different mouse. logitech has some good wireless mouses that will keep up with w.e u need to do.

8. Baycon thread starter macrumors member

If only I could show how I use the magic mouse in photoshop...Compared to ANY other mouse, I easily save 1 hour a day from the scrolling / panning and clicking around. And for 10, 12 or 14 hr days, 1 hour saved is sometimes what helps me stay sane!

Basically, I go all Minority Report on my photos...And I have an Intuos XL...doesn't even compare. (Now when it comes to actual design and drawing, that's different).

9. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

I had to discontinue using magic mouse, due to constant problems with the touch surface altering the values in input fields in all Adobe apps.
    ie: I have some documents that were sent to press at 291dpi; crap like that.

This mouse really does need a hot-key for quickly enabling/disabling the touch surface.