Photoshop CS5 - Merging paths and deleting sections issue

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by blackrhino, Jul 21, 2010.

1. blackrhino macrumors newbie

Currently designing a logo for my business but I've struck an issue that I can't get around.

I created a path in photoshop using the pen tool and turned it into a work path. I then create a box with smoothed corners over the part that I want to keep as part of the logo.

What I want to do is merge those two items into one work path, effectively creating a "point" where they two paths intersect so I can remove all parts that aren't required as aprt of the path.

I have tried using the combine option but it remove most of the path other than the internal part of the box and image.

I hope this description makes sense - any help would be much appreciated!

2. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

I'm genuinely not trying to glib, but: use Illustrator. Photoshop is not a vector drawing package, and it's not designed for complex path operations; Illustrator is.

Cheers!

Jim

3. mBox macrumors 68020

not sure (Ill try when I get to work) but cant you merge them then make a path from selection?

Edit: Made two work paths. Then merged them as selections. Created a new path layer and with merged selection selected made work path again.
    I hope this is what you were going for :)