Photoshop CS5 Won't Launch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajmint, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ajmint macrumors newbie

I recently installed Windows 7 on my :apple: 13" Mid 2008 White MacBook using Boot Camp. Before I began the install, I used CleanMyMac to free up some space for the Windows partition. First, I couldn't get the drive to partition because "some files couldn't be moved", and I wasn't going to wipe my disk and put my data back on it. So, I used Coriolis Systems' iDefrag to to a Compact.

This didn't work; I still got the same error. So, I booted back to the iDefrag CD and did a Full Defrag, then another Compact. I booted back to Mac OS X and opened Boot Camp Assistant; it still didn't work. :( After a bit of Googling, I found this thread; it says to repair your hard disk with Disk Utility.

I opened Disk Utility and clicked Verify Disk; sure enough, it told me that my startup disk needed to be repaired. So, I inserted my Snow Leopard Install DVD and opened Disk Utility from the Utility menu, and clicked Repair Disk. After five minutes, the disk was repaired. I repaired my permissions just to be safe (some of them needed it, apparently), and booted to OS X.

Lo and behold, the partition worked, and so did the Windows 7 install. :) After customising and driver-ing Windows, I booted back into the Mac partition to do some design work in Illustrator CS5. It worked fine, but I soon needed to do some work in Photoshop (also CS5). I clicked on its Dock icon, which, after one feeble bounce, died promptly. I tried it again, and a few more times, but to no avail. :confused: I submitted an error report to Apple that was basically this post in two sentences, but I don't think that will help much.

The things that I think can possibly have caused Photoshop to stop launching are:

• CleanMyMac (possibly language files)
    • iDefrag (messing up files)
    • Disk Utility (either the disk repair or permissions repair)
    I have attached one of my error reports.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Kenndac macrumors 6502

Kenndac

Adobe software is notoriously finicky about files being moved around or changing in any way. I'd suggest a reinstall.