Photoshop does strange things on new Mac?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Junglefrog, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Junglefrog macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I'm just new to these forums and new to my Mac Pro which has just arrived on thursday... I received the mac version of photoshop CS3 yesterday and after installing it... something weird appears. Or maybe it is not weird but just the way it is on a Mac. I don't know and I couldn't find the answer here..
    When I used to start up photoshop on my old windows machine you get the grey area in the middle which is your working area let's say.. Around it are all the tools you use. Now when I start up in my Mac, I get all the tools and everything I need but instead of the grey working area I see all the stuff that is behind it. So any programs I have open I can view while in photoshop. I can work in it as normal and if I open a photo and start working on it full screen the background is normal.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it appears exactly the same as before, so is this the normal way it works on a Mac? I'm puzzled!!:confused: Any help would be much appreciated!!
    Thanks
    Simone

2. bartelby macrumors Core

That's perfectly normal.
    Mac apps tend not to take over your entire screen.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Yes, that's how it work on a Mac. And over time, you will discover why; it makes drag and dropping from app to app much easier, as well as moving between open documents... if you would like to work as full-screen as possible, open an image in Photoshop and press the 'F' key a number of times to cycle through view modes.

4. Junglefrog thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok!!
    Thanks for letting me know... Imagine what it is like to have to get used to a Mac after a lifetime of windows.. :cool: So far I love it!! But it's the things you don't know that are sometimes a bit puzzling, but thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense and I had actually already used the drag and drop into other programs! (I'm a faster learner than I thought. haha..:D )