Photoshop Elements 3 won't open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eyelight, Jan 9, 2008.

1. eyelight macrumors member

First time using my computer since before Christmas and have just discovered that Photoshop Elements 3 won't open. It starts to open but then quits.
    I've tried re-installing the programme from the original disk, and just get the same result.
    Anyone got any ideas ?

Thanks,

1.5Gb G4 Powerbook 15", running OS 10.4

2. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Saying that "it won't open" doesn't tell us anything. You'll need to give us more information.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Trash the preferences file, it'll be in [Home Dir]/Library/Prefrences/Adobe I think.

4. eyelight thread starter macrumors member

Was advised by Adobe Support to got to library/preferences and delete the following...

com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist
    PE 3.0 Paths folder
    PE 3.0 Settings folder

Deleted all those as well as Elements itself and then re-installed again.
    Still have same problem. Goes through all the motions of starting up,
    "initializing" etc..., but gets to "reading preferences" and just
    stalls and quits.

All was working fine last time I used it in mid December.

5. onorobo macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem. I tried to delete everything and reinstall it, but while it's loading and says "reading preferences" it quits and a pop-up window appears that says "The application Photoshop Elements quit unexpectedly. Mac OSx and other applications are not affected. Click relaunch to launch the application again. Click Report to see more details or send a report to Apple."

I'm using the original disk to install it, by the way. Also on a G4 macbook 15", but using OS X 10.5.6. It was working just fine yesterday.

buuuttttt ... Seeing as how the last post was nearly a year ago and it was by the thread author, I'm guessing no one can help me out here. ;;;

hahaha It'd be much appreciated if one could, though. I have 9 major art projects due in about 2 weeks, most of them: digital. *worlds smallest violin plays* I could really use this program up and running.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

Elements and others are very sensitive to any kind of change made to their settings. this kind of thing happened to me and it turned out to be that i had deleted some language packs for another piece of software. this somehow effected PS. the way i fixed it was a custom reintall of the language packs and it worked again. this was on CS4 but it may work for you.