Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamfishercox, Nov 18, 2007.

1. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

I am getting Leopard Wednesday or sooner and will be doing a clean install. My question: should I even bother re-installing Photoshop Elements 4.0? Has anyone had the "unfixable issues" that Adobe said they would? Will it screw up my system, or just the Photoshop itself if it does have problems?

2. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I installed Photoshop Elements 4.0 in Leopard after finding out that Photoshop 7 wasn't compatible, and it seems to work fine.

Don't know if you have to reinstall though...

3. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

How about Elements 3?

Sorry to hijack slightly, but any idea about Elements 3? Anyone using it successfully with Leopard? Don't use it much, but occasionally and I wasn't looking to upgrade until (if) Elements 5 came out.

4. jelloyacket macrumors member

I installed Elements 3 on Leopard, and I've noticed a few little bugs. Nothing that renders it unusable, but small annoyances. Maybe if Adobe ever comes out with Elements 5, I'll upgrade (on their website, 4 is still new!).

5. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Thanks for the feedback. I'm keeping an eye out for the new Elements.

6. adamfishercox thread starter macrumors 6502

Supposedly January 2008 is the date for Elements 5. meanwhile, 5 and 6 for Windows have just been crankin' out.