Photoshop Elements 4.0 quits unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by vie, May 1, 2011.

1. vie macrumors newbie

My father bought our Mac a few months ago, and I've been running Elements since. I've never had a problem with it until last week.

I would have a file open, and suddenly, Photoshop would quit and give me the "quit unexpectedly" dialog box.

It isn't foce closing on a specific action--it would be anything. If I wasn't using Photoshop but it was open, it would force quit when I went to a different page. If it was open and I was using a filter, it would force quit.

Photoshop would start up and make it to the editor, but from there, it would be unpredictable.

My father and I have trashed all the preference folders and uninstalled Photoshop, but that didn't help.

We have an iMac running Intel Core i3.

I have attached a copy of the crash report we receive after it force closing.

Attached Files:

2. I AM THE MAN macrumors 6502

Im no expert, but have you recently updated the software? A recent update could cause problems. If you have recently updated the software, uninstall the whole program (make sure no settings, etc) are saved, and then reinstall the program and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, try to update the program back to the newest update that did not cause this problem.