Photoshop Elements 4 Save for web problem.

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Aircraftphotos, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Aircraftphotos macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    When the Save for Web window opens with two images side by side, there is on the right a box that sets the quality of the image. jpeg high, jpeg medium, etc.
    The default is jpeg low so that I have to set jpeg high each time I save an image. Is there a way to set the default so that it stays at jpeg high and 70 each time I use it. Better yet, is there a program that I can just drop a folder of images into and it will optimize all the images in the folder? Thanks for any help.
  2. angelneo macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2004
    I don't use Elements but Photoshop itself has a batch tool which allow you to process multiple images (in a folder etc) with a self-configured set of actions.

For "save for web" I always thought it maintained the setting from your previous saves regardless of files.
  3. Aircraftphotos thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2008
    PE 3 did that.

In PE 3 the settings stayed at the last setting. I don't why PE 4 doesn't. Or what to do about it. I could see the drop off of quality in web images in PE 4 when I did my first page with it.