Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I think there was roughly a five month lag between PSE4 for Mac and Windows... (I think ~10/2005 vs. 03/2006 or so) They indicated to MacWorld at the time that they didn't place a high priority on simultaneous releases on Mac / Windows.

But also, it looks like mostly the new features in PSE5 are fairly foo-foo... 3.0 brought major changes, and 4.0 seems to have only a few additional features in terms of actual photo editing. I think a lot of the reason it's being so heavily developed at the mo' is that, on Windows, it does double duty, for the functions that iPhoto subsumes on Macs (and which Adobe generally seeks to complement rather than replace), and the traditional photoshop functions.

acrafton

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2006
Would Elements 5.0 be Universal Binary?

Wouldn't 5.0 be a universal binary version and give a speed increase to those of us on Intel macs?

heySparky

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2007
Oregon
Wouldn't 5.0 be a universal binary version and give a speed increase to those of us on Intel macs?

This is what I'm waiting for. I have PSE 4 on my Macbook and it is a dog. Plus I HATE that they make the file browser a separate app and it is also not a universal binary :-(

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
I don't buy Photoshop Elements. I always seem to get it bundled with something. My current version 3.0 came bundled with my Canon Eos DSLR. It also comes bundled with WACOM tablets and some scanners in the $170 range and I think some high-end printers. It gives me an excuse to upgrade peripherals since it addes value.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.