Photoshop Elements 6 animation question

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by brinkley, Apr 11, 2008.

1. brinkley macrumors newbie

i had read somewhere in the forums that an annoying bug in the "save for web/gif" animation dialog window is that you must tab down to change the "delay" setting. this proved INCREDIBLY helpful, and relieved a lot of my PSE tension. or so i thought. how do i get the new setting to take effect? the "preview" shows the frames running at the same rate. is there also a way to de-select "loop"?

thanks...

and there is this...is it possible to send this file as a functioning e-mail attachment? does a gif animation file have life on its own, or does it need a website? can i share an animation i have built outside of a website/avatar application?

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

The amimation is done by the viewer. So yes the gif anamation is self-contained but if the viewer does not understand animation or if the users has disabled anamation in his viewer he wont see it. I routinely disable gif anamation

3. acousticsam macrumors newbie

You're out of luck... but there are good free standalone programs

You're out of luck. For PSE 6, the framerate will always be 0.2. And for PSE 4 and 6, you can't deselect "loop". It's explained (barely) in Adobe's support website: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333620.html.

If you have PSE 4, you can change the framerate and that's it.

You can download a great free GIF animator here: http://www.onyxbits.de/sites/default/files/giftedmotion-1.14.jar

4. CraftyMumma macrumors newbie

I know it has been a long time since this thread was started but I thought I would still reply, apparently there is no fix for this issue. What I do to work around the problem is I duplicate the layers so I will have 4 or 5 of the same image that way when it has it's .2 second delay, you can't really tell because it is going thru the same image 5 times which lengthens the amount of time it 'appears' to be shown. I hope that makes sense!

:apple: Gab