photoshop elements 6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jmpantalone, Apr 8, 2008.

1. jmpantalone macrumors newbie

been thinking about buying photoshop elements 6. does anyone have any feedback on this new software. does it support raw files?

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i've been using the trial for a few days now and think its fairly good for what it does..

i still use iphoto for photo management though.

yes, it does support RAW too..

get the 30 day trial and see how you get on

3. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I'm personally not impressed with PSE anymore. I would recommend downloading the trial and see how it works for you.

4. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....PSE .6 is a very nice improvement over previous versions (which were not actually too bad either). I'd suggest reading a few reviews that go into a bit more detail of what's new and what's good and what is not. There's a few reviews out there now....try here and here and here and here....that should give you a pretty good idea of whether or not it's what you want....oh yeah!

5. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

I kinda went ahead and purchased pse 6 without having ever used a photoshop program before. I am really impressed. It does more than i thought it could and probably more than i will ever know how to. I wanted something more than iphoto to correct the photo's i took. It accomplishes that with ease, and i don't mind the Bridge software that comes with it to organize photos, its no lightroom or aperture, but it works for me. Now that they have a trial, i would use that, but you wanted to know how people like it, and im giving it a positive review here.

6. Gamoe macrumors regular

I downloaded the preview and I'm testing it out. I notice it doesn't even try to conform to the Mac interface, which I'm not very sure I like, but it isn't necessarily a show-stopper.

I've been considering a number of alternatives, but I have a number of Photoshop files laying around, and it's nice to have Photoshop compatibility.

However, several things concern me:

How good of an image editor/creator is this compared to the full fledged Photoshop?
    Does it have full Photoshop compatibility?
    I understand it can't do CMYK color. So what do I do if I want an image printed?
    And-- Activation. This concerns me. Is this going to make my Mac spy on me, and make my life difficult every hardware and software upgrade?

I don't have any kind of professional need for Photoshop. It's just a hobby for me, and most of the work I do is for the web and computer, so CMYK is not a necessity. However, I do occasionally design something for print, such as business cards. Sure, it's not $400 + we're talking about here any more, but even at $80, I'd like to know what this can do and if it's worth it for me.