Photoshop Elements 8 Incompatible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JamJao09, Dec 18, 2010.

1. JamJao09, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2010

JamJao09 macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to this forum, but very familiar with Apple's Macs in general. I am having a problem with Photoshop Elements 8. The software will not open on my iMac for it says that I am missing applications or something around that ballpark. Once I come home from my gf's house I will be able to give you guys/girls the exact message I get when trying to open PSE8.

I do not know if the PSE8 is compatible with my current iMac due to its model/year/specs etc. I purchased my iMac around the year of late 2006 early 2007. Should PSE8 be compatible with my iMac or not? I believe it should, but yet I do not know the reason why it will not open.

PS: I recently purchased the Bamboo Pen & Touch for my gf and it came with the PSE8 software. I Installed the PSE8 on her iMac (Which she purchased the Black Friday that passed.) But before installing the PSE8 on the iMac, the Bamboo installer was installed first. Maybe I need to install the Bamboo installer before installing the PSE8 software that was included with the Tablet product? idk.. lol!

***Answers would be much appreciated please!*** Thank you very much in advance :)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Are you trying to install the Mac or Windows version of the software?

3. JamJao09 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac version.