Photoshop Experts - Please help me with this real quick!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amitdoc2b, Feb 21, 2009.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Hi.

I am going to build a website using iLife '09 with my new 17" Unibody MBP. I wanted to put this photo of a bobblehead of me on the main page of my site. I needed help to edit this photo so that there is no background.. I just want the photo of my bobblehead standing up and edited so that its just my body thats visible from head to toe (no base or background or gray between my feet). Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You can use smart select to select the bobblehead and then delete everything around it.

3. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

but the base will still be there..

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Like this?

Magic Wand tool, select the background and base, Select Inverse, Layer via Cut, delete background layer.

Attached Files:

5. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

If you take a higher resolution photo it will be a lot easier and you can achieve better results.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Gawd, the left eye looks bigger than the right eye or maybe there's a more significant amount of white around the eyeball? (If that's the way you really are, then I apologize for my comments). Maybe it's just me, anyway you can just enlarge/magnify the facial area and do the tedious work. Then again, it's probably just me. Congrats on your new 17" Uni-MBP. Nice job r.j.s...:p

7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much RJS, really appreciate it!!

8. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats my bobblehead.. not REALLY me! LOL

You are right, in the photo it came across that way.. it might be the angle or reflection of the flash doing that. Its fine in person. But its just an animated bobblehead so doesn't need to be perfect, it was created for fun! :)

9. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its harder to take a larger photo right now since I currently only have my iPhone 3G camera.

In real life I look like this (its a few pics of me and my fiance):

Attached Files: